Experienced ecommerce professional with working knowledge of site replatforming, product migration, optimizing products for search, conducting international business, pricing strategy, online marketplaces, and many other facets of electronic commerce.
Dreisilker Electric Motors Inc., Glen Ellyn, IL
Since 1955, Dreisilker has been the leader in electric motor repair, generator and wind generator repair, and new motor sales. With six locations in Illinois and one location in Georgia, nearly 60% of U.S. states are within a 2-day reach of Dreisilker’s warehouses using standard UPS Ground services.
ECommerce Manager | February 2011 – Present
- Grew DEM’s FY17 ecommerce revenue by 20.6%, ecommerce gross profit by 17.4%, total number of ecommerce transactions by 30.0%, and the total number of units sold by 40.3% when compared to FY16.
- Actively manage an on-site catalog of over 5,700 products broken down into 480 product categories from 26 different manufacturers and an off-site catalog on the Walmart Marketplace, Amazon.com, and eBay.
- Oversaw the replatforming of Dreisilker’s ecommerce site which included a needs assessment, evaluation of potential platforms and the migration of our catalog to the BigCommerce’s Enterprise platform.
- Work closely with a BigCommerce-specific web development company responsible for customization and optimization of our homepage, top-level category pages, product pages and our site navigation.
- Strategizing the transition of our ecommerce operations from a strictly B2C operation to a mixed B2C/B2B operation that has the account functions required by our established B2B customers, while still being price-competitive to general B2C customers.
Web Marketing and Analytics Manager | August 2010 – February 2011
- Implemented a search engine optimization strategy to boost organic search traffic that yielded a 50.0% increase in search queries our site was returned in, 10.9% increase in pages indexed, and a 9.8% increase in organic search traffic.
- Developed a Google AdWords strategy that focused on bidding on product specific keywords rather than general industry terms — resulting in a 48.4% drop in cost-per-conversion and a 118.6% increase in conversion rate.
- Created custom reports and goals in Google Analytics to track product conversions by medium type of conversion, site entrance source and keyword.
- Expanded Dreisilker’s product and local reach by creating Google Merchant Center data feeds and company location profiles on Google Places.
- From August 2010 to December 2010, the project saw a 26.5% increase in ecommerce revenue compared to the same time period the previous year.
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
Graduated: August 2006
Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google AdWords Editor, Google Webmaster Tools, Microsoft Excel, Bigcommerce, SEO, HTML, CSS, Amazon Marketplace, Fulfillment-By-Amazon, eBay Marketplace, Payment Gateways, Merchant Services, Google Shopping, Walmart Marketplace